Helpful Resources for Expedited Passport Processing
Whether it's your first time applying, you need to renew, or want to get a passport for your child, the resources below will prepare you to apply for a new U.S. passport. We encourage you to carefully read and follow all instructions to avoid delays in processing.

General FAQs

Will I receive my passport and the citizenship documents I submitted with my application back in the same envelope?

If you had applied for a Passport Book Only: You will receive your newly issued passport and your citizenship documents together.

If you had applied for a Passport Book and a Passport Card: You will receive your newly issued passport book and citizenship document first and 10-15 business days after, you would receive your passport.

I am traveling very soon. How do I get a passport in a hurry?

Our company provides the fastest processing time possible. If you apply for the 1 Business day Service, and we receive your documents no later than 8:30 AM, your passport could be ready as early as 4 pm on the day of submission.

If you reside in the Washington, DC area, you could pick it up from our office at 5 PM. If you are out of the area, you could receive it as early as 8:30 AM the next day via FedEx First Overnight. If you need it delivered faster, we can help you arrange FedEx Same-Day Delivery Service or airport-to-airport courier service. We will help you find the best solution to your travel needs.

The post office told me that it would take at least 2-3 weeks or more to process an expedited passport. How can your company provide faster service?

When you submit your documents through the post office or U.S. mail, your documents are sent to the National Processing Center, and are handled on a "first-come, first served" basis. However, when you use our service, we hand-deliver your documents to the Passport Office, so your application does not have to wait in line behind other pending applications. A passport agent handles your application on the spot, and your passport is processed in the selected time frame.

What are your different processing times for passports?

APVI offers 5 processing times:
  • 24 Hour Processing (must provide proof of travel)
  • Next Business Day Processing (must provide proof of travel)
  • 3-5 Business Day Processing (must provide proof of travel)
  • 6-8 Business Day Processing (Proof of travel not required for DS-82)
  • 9-12 Business Day Processing (Proof of travel not required for DS-82)

Your Standard Processing for passports is "9-12 days or less." When will my passport actually be issued? Day 9? Or Day 12? Or less?

The processing of your passport could take up to 12 business days. If possible, we will get it processed as fast as 9 days or less, but that cannot be guaranteed. If you need your passport processed in fewer than 9 days, you should apply for a faster processing time.

If the Passport Office requests additional documentation, how would this affect my processing time?

The processing of your passport could take up to 12 business days. If possible, we will get it processed as fast as 8 days or less, but that cannot be guaranteed. If you need your passport processed in fewer than 8 days, you should apply for a faster processing time.

How can I be sure that I will get my passport on time?

Please follow the application instructions exactly as provided on . In addition, we recommend that you build in an extra "cushion" of 1-3 days to protect yourself from unexpected delays.

How can I get a certified copy of my U.S. birth certificate?

For routine service, contact the Vital Statistics office in the state where you were born. For expedited processing of your certified birth certificate, you can also contact

How can I get a copy of my Certificate of Naturalization?

Contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at or call 1-800-375-5283.

What do I do if there is no birth record on file for me?

If you were born in the U.S and there is no birth record on file, you will need several different documents to substantiate your citizenship. You will need:

A letter from the Vital Statistics office of the state of your birth with your name and what years were searched for your birth record. An official of the Vital Statistics office needs to issue a letter of no record found.

In addition, you will need early public records to prove your birth in the U.S. If you were born outside the U.S. and your U.S. parent(s) did not register your birth at the U.S. embassy or consulate, you may apply for a U.S. passport. You will need:

  • Your foreign birth certificate that includes your parent(s) names; and

  • Evidence of your parent(s) U.S. citizenship; and

  • Your parent(s) marriage certificate


Note: The documents above are considered SECONDARY PROOF of U.S. Citizenship. The Passport Office reserves the right to request additional documents to confirm your U.S. citizenship. When applying for a passport via secondary documents, please allow additional processing time

Why do I have to send my original documents to get my passport? Can't I send photocopies?

We understand your desire to keep your documents in your possession. However, the State Department must verify that all citizenship documents are authentic in order to process U.S. passports. Photocopies do not contain the stamps, seals, and other invisible markings that confirm the document as authentic.

The post office told me that I can use a hand written form for my passport application. But your website tells me that I must use the online version. Why is this?

The Passport Office requires the online version of the application form in order to provide you the fastest turnaround time. This is because the online version creates a scan-able barcode, eliminating the need for manual data-entry. Hand written applications will not be accepted at the Passport Office.

What additional documentation might the Passport Office ask for?

The Passport Office retains the right to request appropriate documentation to prove your U.S. citizenship and/or establish your identity. In over 99% of cases, the documents that you have provided will be sufficient to process your passport. However, in rare cases, the Passport Office, requests further documentation, such as: early childhood records (church,school, immunization/medical, etc.); elementary or high school yearbook photos; notarized affidavits from blood relatives; and/or other formal documents (W-2 forms, social security card, etc.).

What should I do with my canceled passport?

You should keep your canceled passport in a safe place where you store other important documents. Even though your canceled passport cannot be used for travel, you can use it as proof of citizenship should your current passport become lost, stolen, or damaged.

How can I be sure that your company is legitimate?

We understand your desire to work with a company that you can trust. For this reason, we urge you to confirm our "A+" rating with the Better Business Bureau. We've processed hundreds of thousands of passport and visa applications, and we have always maintained a superb record. We will always do everything in our power to preserve our superb customer service record.

What kind of guarantee does your company offer?

We hold ourselves to the highest standards of customer service and do what is best for our clients. Through careful and active attention to our customers' needs, we have developed the most innovative, easy to use, and systematic website that prevents processing delays. Please follow those steps carefully, and delays should not occur. In the unlikely event APVI does not return your completed passport or visa to you in time for your trip, we will offer a full or partial refund of all APVI service fees paid(excluding fees paid to the Department of State or Foreign Embassies) UNLESS such delay is caused by circumstances beyond our control.

Such circumstances include:

  • Delay caused by missing requirements (i.e. Photos, Letter of Authorization, payment, unsigned application, etc.)

  • Delay caused by shipping companies;

  • Delay caused by internal operations of the Department of State or Foreign Embassies;

  • Delay caused by suspension of a passport or visa application by the Department of State or Foreign Embassies.


Your passport application is likely to get suspended if:

  • You are behind in child support payments;

  • You owe the government a repatriation loan and/or are behind in student loan payments;

  • You are on probation which restricts international travel;

  • Additional documents are requested by the passport office (additional ID, high school yearbook, etc.) to further confirm your identity and/or proof of citizenship.