Lost Passport FAQs
If your passport has been lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to help protect yourself against identity theft and to prevent someone else from using the passport.
- To replace and report a lost or stolen passport: Click here and follow the instructions provided.
- To report a lost or stolen passport only, without replacing: Call the U.S. Department of State toll-free at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793).
- Passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel.
- If your passport is recovered after it has been reported lost or stolen, please submit it to the address listed on the back of Form DS-64.
- Once a passport is reported lost or stolen, it cannot be re-validated or used as evidence of U.S. citizenship.